Course Feedback for Instructors Question Bank
CFI QUESTION BANK
These are the questions that you can choose from on the Course Feedback for Instructors questionnaire. If you have questions about the CFI or problems setting one up, please contact email@example.com.
LIKKERT SCALE QUESTIONS
- The instructor has helped me learn the material.
- I find class time engaging.
- I have a good sense of the most important points in class.
- I have a clear sense of what I need to do in order to do well in this course.
- The instructor’s use of the board/visual aids helps me learn.
- The instructor responds helpfully when students are having difficulties.
- The instructor teaches in ways that allow students like me to succeed in this class.
- As a result of taking this course, I have a better understanding of factual knowledge, principles and/or theories in this area.
- This course has helped me to improve my ability to analyze, solve problems and/or think critically.
- This course has helped me to understand how this field asks and answers questions.
- This course has challenged me to consider new ideas, concepts or ways of thinking.
- As a result of taking this course, I am more excited by this field of study.
Assignments and Readings
- The readings have helped me learn.
- The assignments in this course have helped me learn.
- Tests and/or assignments in this course have been appropriately challenging.
- The feedback provided on assignments has been helpful to me.
- The lectures in this course have helped me learn the material.
- The instructor’s lectures are engaging.
- Lectures are clearly organized.
- The instructor makes abstract concepts clear and relevant.
- The instructor speaks at the right speed for note taking.
- The instructor speaks at the right volume for note taking.
- I have learned from lab activities.
- I feel well prepared for lab.
- Class time has prepared me to solve problems on assignments and exams.
- Homework has prepared me to do well on the exams.
- Discussions in this class have been effective.
- I have found discussions in this class engaging.
- Discussion has helped me understand the key ideas of this course.
- I felt that I had a chance to speak in discussion.
- This class was open to a variety of different student experiences and perspectives.
Use of Technology
- The instructor’s use of technology helped me learn.
- The instructor’s PowerPoint presentations helped me learn.
- The instructor's use of interactive technology and/or online media outside of class helped me learn.
- Group work has enhanced my understanding of this course’s material.
Classes with TAs
- The TA has helped me learn the course material.
- The TA is accessible.
- The TA encourages the class to ask questions.
- The TA leads effective and engaging discussions
- The feedback the TA has given me has helped me learn.
- The TA has prepared me to do well on assignments and/or exams.
- The TA has stimulated my interest in the material.
- The TA has helped me learn from lab activities.
Open-Ended Questions for Any Course
- Please provide feedback on the course and instructor in general. What have been strengths of the instructor and course? What could the instructor do to improve the class?
- Has this been a valuable course for you to take? Why or why not?
- What are the most significant things you have learned from taking this course?
- How does the professor help you understand what are the most important points within class? Could he or she do anything differently?
- Does the instructor teach in a manner such that students like you can succeed? In what ways?
- Evaluate your own work in this course. What have you done well? What could you do to improve your learning?
Interest and Enthusiasm
- Please comment on your engagement in this course. What has made the course interesting or uninteresting?
- What have you found most interesting about the course so far?
- How has the instructor shown his or her interest in the subject?
Readings and Course Materials
- Please comment on the course readings and other assigned materials. Were the selections valuable? Which of the materials have been most useful and least useful to your learning?
- How has the professor’s use of audio-visual materials (films, Power Point presentations and so on) helped you understand the subject of this course? What changes might help you learn better?
- Do you find the professor accessible? Why or why not?
- How comfortable do you feel asking questions in class? How comfortable do you feel asking outside of class? What has the professor done to encourage or discourage questions?
Assignments and Grading
- Please comment on the course assignments. Have they been well designed? Has feedback been helpful?
- Have assignments contributed to your learning? Enabled you to show what you have learned? Which assignments have been most or least effective?
- Has the feedback the professor provided on assignments been helpful? Do you have a clear sense of your strengths in this class? Do you have a sense of what steps you need to take to improve?
- Have you found this course challenging? Why or why not?
- Has the instructor helped you to meet the challenges of this course? How so? What else could he or she to do to help?
- Have you found that this course challenged your usual ways of thinking? In what ways?
- Please comment on lectures in this class. Have they been clear and engaging? What does the professor do in lecture that helps you learn? What could be improved?
- Do the lectures seem clear and well organized? Can you easily follow the lecture or outline it? What changes would you suggest the professor make so that his or her main points are clearer?
- What does the professor do during lecture to engage students in the material he or she is presenting? What else could he or she do to make the lectures more engaging and interesting?
- Comment on the delivery of the lecture. Are the lectures ever too fast or too slow? Is the instructor’s voice loud enough? Is the instructor's speech clear?
- How has the lab enhanced your understanding of the topic?
- What has the instructor done to ensure you feel prepared for lab activities? What else might he or she do?
- What has your instructor done during lab activities that has helped you learn from experiments? What else could he or she do?
- Have in-class instruction and activities prepared you for solving problems on your own? Why or why not?
- Did the homework for this class prepare you to work problems on the exams? Why or why not?
- Did in-class problem solving activities help you learn the course material? Why or why not?
- Please comment on class discussions. Have they been engaging? Productive? Appropriately open? What has worked especially well or poorly?
- Have discussions been engaging? Did particular sessions go especially well or poorly?
- Have class discussions helped you understand key ideas of the course? How?
- Were discussions open enough that everyone had a chance to speak? Has the instructor effectively encouraged participation?
- How do you prepare for class discussion? What could the professor do to help you feel more prepared?
- How open was the class to a variety of different student experiences and perspectives? What did the instructor do or not do to facilitate this kind of open discussion?
- What parts of this instructor’s use of technology have you found most enhance your understanding in the course? Do you have specific suggestions about how the professor could make more effective use of electronic resources?
- How has the professor’s use of Power Point or other projection software helped or hindered your learning?
- Do you feel the professor’s use of interactive technology (like discussion groups) has helped you better understand course materials? Explain.
- How has the use of online media outside of class helped or hindered your learning?
- Has group work enhanced your understanding of course material? Why or why not? Has the group experience been positive? Why or why not?
Classes with TAs
- How does your TA contribute to your learning in this course? What would you like to see him or her do differently?
- In what ways has the clinical instructor helped you to learn relevant skills? What could he or she do to improve your learning?
- Has the feedback the clinical instructor provided on your work been helpful? Do you have a clear sense of your strengths? Do you have a sense of how you need to improve?