Links to help before the semester starts.
There are many thing you have to deal with as you get started teaching at Penn. The links below can help with immediate concerns you may have before you arrive and as you plan your courses, as you enter the classroom and move through the semester, and as you wrap up your first term.
Resources for New Faculty
- CTL's Course Development Program in mid August provides a structured way to develop your course with a cohort of other instructors.
- CTL has created a list of texts about effective teaching that can be helpful as you prepare for the new semester.
- The Syllabus Language and Policies page provides sample language for syllabuses from other Penn faculty.
- You are welcome to consult with the staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning at any time.
- CTL also organizes a variety of faculty programs, providing faculty with structured opportunities to discuss their teaching with colleagues.