Support for Your Students
Faculty concerned about a student and not sure where to turn may also contact or refer undergraduate students directly to their school’s academic advising office. These offices can help students having academic or personal difficulties and connect them with additional support. Academic advising contacts:
Engineering: email Sonya Gwak in the Academic Programs Office or call 215.573.8369.
Nursing: email Office of Student Services or call 215.898.6687.
Wharton: email Wharton Undergraduate Division Office call 215.898.7608.
Faculty may refer students to these offices or may contact any of them to consult.
GENERAL SUPPORT SERVICES
Course Problem Notices: Instructors can use this function in Courses in Touch (you will see "send course problem notice on the left menu) to send a notice to students who seem to be having trouble in their course. These notices also go to the appropriate advising office.
Counseling & Psychological Services: Students with concerns of a personal, emotional, social, or educational nature may visit CAPS for help and guidance free of charge. CAPS will also consult with faculty and TAs (within the limits of a students' privacy) on students for whom they are concerned.
• Weingarten Center: Center focused on academic support and disability services. They provide:
Learning consultations which focus on academic skills and strategies such as test taking to time management.
Academic Tutoring which give students subject-specific peer tutoring services to supplement support from faculty, TAs, and instructors.
Disability Services which ensure equal access to all Penn programs to students with documented disabilites.
• Marks Family Writing Center: Provides expert help in writing for undergraduate and graduate students.
• Communication Within the Curriculum: Helps students express themselves orally with clarity and confidence.
• Language Direct: Provides tutoring for foreign languages.
Weigle Information Commons: Offers students tutoring in use of digital media as well as technology rich group study rooms. Weigle can also provide customized programs for your classes.
• Penn Online Research Tutorial: Step-by-step guide through the research process.
• Reference Services: Reference librarians are available to support students at any step of their research projects.